Privacy and the security of your data is important to us. In this privacy notice, we’ll outline areas where user privacy is concerned, your obligations & requirements as a user of this website, and our obligations & requirements as a website and as owners of this website.
We’ll include how our website processes, stores and protects user data and information.
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout your visiting experience. This website complies with all national laws and European requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to your computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of any given website. Cookies allow websites to provide its users with a tailored experience and can simplify your browsing experience (for example, by simplifying your login process).
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should you wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from a website onto your computer’s hard drive, you can take necessary steps within your web browser’s security settings by asking it to block all cookies from any or all websites and their external serving vendors.
While using our website as a member or registering for our products or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, etc.). We will use this information at House of Running to administer our website, client databases and marketing material.
We use the following professional & reputable service providers to securely collect and process our user data:
- Mollie & PayPal – For processing payment information safely & securely. We do not collect payment details, only they do.
- ConvertKit – For client communication, delivering training program & course information, and email marketing.
- WordPress – For managing our public website and member area.
- GSuite business apps by Google – For professional email and storage of membership registration sheets, surveys, questionnaires, and forms.
We will never share the information we collect with, or sell it to, a third party (and we do not like companies who do so).
We will also ensure that all personal information supplied to us is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Further, by providing your telephone and email details in our contact form, newsletter sign up or by registering for our products or services, you consent our team at House of Running to contact you using that method, for the purpose of updates or to provide you with information about your inquiries, purchases or registration.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or if would like to be removed from our database, please contact us (details on our contact page).
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
How do we collect information?
We collect information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up on our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorized Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
How long will we keep your data?
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide our products or services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide any services to you.
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone. Ever.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to any information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognizing that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can opt out of marketing emails only but still receive coach tips, and program information.
- You can opt out of receiving location-specific updates on upcoming training programs but still receive other community updates and information.
- You can verify the details you have submitted to House of Running by contacting our customer services team. See contact page on our website. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by House of Running regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible (as we don’t control it), even if your account is deleted.
- If you have an account on our website, you’re free to close your account through your account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us via this platform, including coach tips as well as membership and product information.
- You can request a copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us. See details on our contact page of this website.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing and improving how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. Our aim will remain the same, however: to remain transparent with how we use data and to respect and protect the privacy of our users data.